Photographer and photobook maker Harvey Benge has shared his favourite books of the past year as follows:
1. Ron Jude – Lago – quiet authenticity shines in this book which is full of unexpected surprises
2. Goran Bertok – Requiem, a direct and uncompromising meditation on the subject of death
3. JH Engstrom – Random, crazy juxtapositons in Engstom’s signature style, mirrors life itself
4. Daido Moriyama – Dazai – a beautiful object full of stunning, superbly printed Daido works
5. Viviane Sassen – Umbra – light and shadow collide in Sassen’s crazy universe
6. Carlos Spottorno – Wealth Management – a timely take on the influence of global finance
A selection of books from the Photobooks of 2015 feature can be purchased here.
Harvey Benge makes strange photographs in cities and photobooks that are not about gypsies or coalminers.